Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I went to an anarchist book fair and march\dance party\ riot last weekend. In some ways it felt like coming home. But mostly a few friends and myself sat on the sidelines and complained about the young whippersnappers and how they didn't understand anything and about how we were so much cooler back in the day. Key quote of the event: "I knew anarchy, I was a close personal friend of anarchy, and, you sir, are no anarchy." I don't know if it's the meditation or getting older, but I can't get behind smashing random windows anymore. If you break someone's car window, they don't get pissed off at the government or want to learn more about your politics, they just think "Hey! Some asshole just broke my car window!" and if anything get pissed off at you. One of my friends and I brought down to a karmic level, if you initiate an action and use any sort of negative tactic, you've immediately shot yourself in the foot and will be unable to accomplish anything. A lot of my friends from that crowd have moved to spiritual paths that don't involve any drugs, which was interesting as I was expecting to feel like the odd one out. Still, it was a good time, and I was able to pick up some interesting stuff.

On a side note, I'm going to sesshin (a Zen retreat) for the first time next week. I know what to expect somewhat, but at the same time have no idea what's going to happen. I'm excited about it nonetheless, and am in the process of building my meal set for the retreat. I'll post about it when I get back.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this part of the article, with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know.. you need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this... success for you.....!!!

    ReplyDelete